Bhindi Masala in restaurant style is one of the famous North Indian dish where the spices bring out the sweetness of the okra.
Know how to make Bhindi Masala here:
- Bhindi/ Okra: 250 grams
(wash, dry trim the ends and cut into pieces)
- 1 big Onion chopped
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder(amchur powder)
- a pinch of garam masala powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt as per taste
- coriander leaves (optional)
1. Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan. Add bhindi and sauté on low flame for about 8-10 mins.
2. Remove this from pan and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, pour the rest of the oil. Once heated, add cumin seeds.
4. Add onion and sauté until its light brown.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, corriander powder.
Mix all the ingredients properly and sauté it.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté it for 5-6 mins in low flame.
7. Add bhindi and mix well. Cook it for 8-10 minutes without covering it.
Add salt as per taste and garam masala powder. Remove it from heat.
8. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.